The working class can benefit from the location-based applications Adriana de Souza e Silva describes because applications like Uber are helping to make safe, affordable and time efficient car rides.
1) What makes your app a location-based technology? How does it utilize location?
My application is “Fandango.” This app uses location-based technology to correctly match you to nearby movie theaters. This application scans the area around you to search for specific movies as well as show times and can even print off your device.
2) How does your app produce/change urban narratives?
This changes the way people now go to the movies. With out looking through the paper or commercials on tv , you can now find movie theaters, times, reviews and even purchase tickets without leaving your home.
3) In what way are the users for your application practicing reading and writing space?
The application is used mostly for reading rather than writing. Users will read about the movie as well as reviews. Contrary you can also write reviews and rate movies for others users to view.
4) In what way is your app mirroring Souza e Silva’s model of net locality?
I believe this is mirroring the model by Souza e Silva because it is connecting the physical place with a handheld device. This is now giving us a more dynamic way of going to the movies. Without leaving the comfort of your couch, you can find multiple locations to see a movie.
- Timeline: Pizza Hut posts very often promoting deals and new flavors/choices. The pictures on there timeline show how appealing the food looks and personal pictures and posts.
- Reviews: Average 2.1 out 5 stars.
- Visitor Posts: Visitors post about disliking and not being satisfying. Others post how good there experiences was.
- Interactions: Pizza Hut will repost and comment back apologizing and showing them how too reach the “phcares” part of there site. On the positive posts Pizza Hut states there thanks and hopes they keep coming back.
- Current: This Facebook page is very current keeping up to date with multiple posts daily although it seems I did stumble across there old Facebook page which hasn’t been used for over a year now.
- Posts: Very frequently, showing how good the food is. Trying to persuade people to eat at Pizza Hut.
- Comments: Most comments are tagging friends and saying how badly the want to eat at Pizza Hut.
- Captions: Very simplistic, usually relating it to a new deal or football if on Sunday. Target audience would be men.
- Responses: Usually do not respond on Instagram but do on Facebook.
- Current: Instagram posts very often about 1-2 posts a day keeping followers intrigued.
For a growing boy I think this is effective. It makes me want to go to a pizza hut and enjoy the endless specials they have.
Thesis: The LGTBQ community is forced to live and act in a different way because of the lack of acceptance the receive as well as hateful comments. In todays society, it is hard to express how you feel especially if you are a member of the LGTBQ community because of reasons like catholic church and social normality’s.
Audience: My audience is geared toward LGTBQ community, in efforts to help them branch out and be who they truly are. Catholic church members as well as older people because they have been brain washed that relationships and gender stereotypes can only be correct if it is done one way.
Reason: The reason I chose this topic is because i’ve worked with this topic before and try and make a change.
Sources: The two sources I plan on using are Toxic masculinity and YouTube LGTBQ #ProudToBe campaign. Toxic masculinity shows how we are brought up to be. Basically from birth we are all taught that boys like girl, boys like blue and many other examples of stereotypical ways of gender. The YouTube video is about the LGTBQ community and their feelings as well as success stories. These both will show how it is hard to express who you really are because of social norms.
Counter image: A counter image I can potentially do is interviewing people from different ages and religious beliefs and see how they view this topic. After their responses will be positive and ideally how society could be.